lunes, 1 de septiembre de 2008

Meditation as a Liberation



This was my final proyect in marble, I named it meditation as a liberation for three main reasons.
First, the shape. The sculpture represents a slave, a slave that is meditating in this special position, I think it's a position used in yoga, to relax the body, and as he meditates, he feels liberated.
Second, the sculpture was liberated from the block of marble. Michelangelo used to say that shapes are already there in the rock, and you only have to carve until you take them out.
Third, when I was working on the primary stone I was very stressed because of art history exams, and working at the scenery bussiness. So every day, when carving the stone I entered a state of peace of mind, no thinking, there was too much noise to think and it felt like a total liberation.
Finally, I would like to say something that writers of the Renaissance used to say, Art, Liberal arts, where not made by free men, practicing Liberal Arts make men free.
Finally,

1 comentario:

Lara LI dijo...

You have all the reason ^^ I think the same about drawing or painting.

Beautyfull sculpture! I like it, I usually like soft and simple sharpes like your sculpture.

You have to show it to me!!!! It was a long time ago the last time I wrote in english.


P.S: I expect I not commit so much faults,

Datos personales